- + 352 27 44 95 41
Corporate Law, regulatory, M&A, general business law, insolvency Benoît Duvieusart has advised major international companies on the structuring of corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, private equity deals and group financings.
He previously acted as Senior Associate in the Corporate Law.
Prior to joining the Luxembourg Bar, Benoît was General Secretary and member of the Executive Committee of a Luxembourg private bank.
He had previously got experience in investments funds, securities custody and administration and wealth structuring in one of the major Luxembourg banks.
He is a member of ALFI, the Luxembourg Investment Funds Association, of ILA, the Luxembourg institute of Directors, and a founding member, and director until 2006, of the Luxembourg professional association of portfolio managers (ALGAFI).
He is an occasional lecturer at the IFBL, the Luxembourg banking education institute.
Benoît Duvieusart holds a Master’s degree in law from the Université de Louvain-la-Neuve (UCL) (Belgium) and an LL.M. from the University of Cambridge (United Kingdom).
Languages : English, French, Dutch and Spanish.
You can review our Alumni members full journey via their timeline below. Here you can see their news, publications, events attended and all IR related achivements. You expand each year by using the related 'more' buttons.
232023: 1 achievement
- Landmark | February 11, 2023 Benoît became an IR Global network alumni after 9 years of active membership.
212021: 1 post
- News | September 21, 2021 The personal tax liability of the manager is not a fatality
202020: 6 posts
- News | December 8, 2020 duvieusart ebel, avocats associés, Wolfs Advocaten and Everest Law working together
- News | November 4, 2020 2021 draft budget: main tax measures
- News | October 19, 2020 Legal Watch October 2020
- News | September 3, 2020 Newsflash Luxembourg – Postponement of tax reporting deadlines under DAC6, CRS and FATCA
- News | May 21, 2020 Luxembourg: Measures related to the holding of corporate meetings in the context of COVID-19
- News | January 30, 2020 Legal Watch: Your Luxembourg Law Firm
192019: 3 posts
- News | November 13, 2019 Valadas Coriel & Associados welcomes duvieusart ebel, avocats associés
- News | February 11, 2019 THE LUXEMBOURG REGISTER OF BENEFICIAL OWNERS
- News | February 8, 2019 EUROPEAN FINANCIAL REGULATORS READY TO MITIGATE THE EFFECTS OF A NO-DEAL BREXIT
182018: 30 posts
- News | November 5, 2018 Luxembourg bill of law on Multilateral Instrument ratification
- News | November 5, 2018 Law implementing double tax treaty with Cyprus
- News | November 2, 2018 MiFID II implementing law adopted
- News | November 2, 2018 New rules on professional secrecy facilitating outsourcing
- News | November 2, 2018 Clarification of the depositary regime applicable to Part II-UCIs
- News | November 1, 2018 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive adopted
- News | October 30, 2018 CSSF warnings on ICOs, tokens and cryptocurrencies
- News | October 24, 2018 Legal Watch July 2018
- News | September 19, 2018 Luxembourg bill of law completing GDPR
- News | September 18, 2018 How does MiFID 2 and MiFIR aim to make the financial markets more resilient and efficient?
- News | September 17, 2018 Luxembourg Parliament approve 2018 Budget Law
- News | September 14, 2018 Update for Luxembourg circular on tax residency for Undertakings for Collective Investments
- News | September 10, 2018 An overview of the PRIIPS regulation and its implementation
- News | September 10, 2018 Staying compliant with “Benchmarks Regulation” or “BMR”
- News | September 10, 2018 Grand Ducal Regulation relating to the fees to be levied by the CSSF
- News | September 10, 2018 Capital Markets | ESMA and CSSF alert investors to risks of ICOs
- News | September 10, 2018 Luxembourg Banking & Finance | Anti-money laundering – Registers of beneficial ownership to be created in Luxembourg
- News | September 10, 2018 The application and transposition of payment services in the internal market (“PSD 2”)
- News | September 10, 2018 Circular on the tax treatment applicable to stock option plans
- News | September 9, 2018 New regulation reorganises and changes the numbering of the provisions of the Company Law to improve readability
- News | September 5, 2018 GDPR | Many organisations still remain non-compliant. Is your business at risk to the GDPR regulation?
- News | June 18, 2018 What sources of law do you navigate in order to address questions of director and officer liability, and what trends do you see among the regulatory agencies and courts that supervise these issues?
- News | June 15, 2018 Top three things to consider in Luxembourg with regard to director liabilities / reporting to the board
- News | June 15, 2018 What governance mechanisms should General Counsel look to establish between the board and C-level executives in order to best manage officer reporting and liability – particularly in areas such as risk management, cybersecurity, and technology?
- News | June 5, 2018 Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and Decentralised Autonomous Organisation (DAO) are new forms of entity that use cryptocurrencies and exploit Blockchain technology. Have you seen this in your jurisdiction, and what are your thoughts from a legal perspective
- News | May 31, 2018 How can a Blockchain system change the commercial contract process in your opinion? What are the opportunities and challenges?
- News | May 29, 2018 Are companies and individuals able to use cryptocurrencies to buy goods and services in Luxembourg? If so, what systems do they need to have in place?
- News | May 29, 2018 Smart contracts are becoming more popular, controlling the distribution of products and services and automating payment via a cryptocurrency e-wallet once the contract has been satisfied.
- News | April 26, 2018 How does your firm work with General Counsel in making sure the board fulfils its duty to monitor— not only in terms of addressing director liability problems as they emerge, but also in proactively minimising the risk of future events?
- News | April 18, 2018 Legal Watch March 2018
172017: 1 post
- News | October 20, 2017 Legal Watch September 2017
162016: 1 post
- News | January 4, 2016 Reserved Alternative Investment Funds: Luxembourg about to innovate again
152015: 1 post
- News | April 10, 2015 duvieusart ebel avocats associés – Legal Watch
142014: 1 post, 1 achievement
- News | March 10, 2014 duvieusart ebel, avocats associés joins IR as the exclusive M&A Member in Luxembourg.
- Landmark | February 20, 2014 Benoît became an IR Global network member 9 years ago.