Our family name is the name on the door and that means everything to us.
Our firm opened in 1990 and we now represent businesses ranging from Australian entrepreneurs to established industry leaders with turnover in excess of EUR 2 billion per year. We understand what it is like to build, own and run your own business and we take great pride in working with clients who trust us with what is often their life’s work.
We are a business minded law firm. We understand the full range of issues that both individuals and businesses face. Our principal has owned and run his own successful multinational advertising business, and our staff hold qualifications in business, finance and accounting. We draw upon our full range of experience gained over the years in representing our commercial clients.
Our knowledge of the different facets of business allows us to apply a holistic approach ensuring that our legal support is fully integrated to achieve our client’s desired outcome.
We represent clients all around the world including off shore companies investing into Australia and Australian based multinationals with interests in Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We have a depth of experience in dealing with the difficulties clients face in cross border transactions including language and cultural barriers as well as the specific legal complexities associated with foreign jurisdictions.
With over 30 years of international experience, we are one of the select few Sydney firms that specialise in cost effective cross border work.
Our family based approach and business knowledge, combined with our international capability makes us “Koffels”.
Derecho de sociedades
Building & Construction Law
Derecho de familia
Finance & Credit
Horse Law / Equine Law
Intellectual Property Law
International Business Transactions
Litigation & Dispute Resolutions
Probate, Succession, Wills and Estate Planning
Real Property & Conveyancing
Sports Law including Motor Sports
Strata & Community Title LawMostrar más +
Principal, Legal Practitioner Director, and founder of Koffels, firm supervisor and senior commercial practitioner.
“The opportunity to understand our client's circumstances so that our advice is practical, insightful and tactically correct is paramount."
“Having spent a significant part of my working life running a large business, and now maintaining a variety of independent board positions, I know the importance of providing relevant, business orientated, success-driven, advice.”
“The continuation of my work on a global scale, moving from business in the film and advertising industries to private practice, has enabled my experience to be channelled into assisting our clients.”
Some of Ross’s work:
- Provide overall legal and corporate advice to companies in diverse fields including Cloud Funding, IT, Aviation, Medical, as well as Directorship, and Company Secretarial responsibilities
- Involvement in Foreign Company setups and investment in Australia, and Australian companies setting up and investing overseas including; advice as to cross border tax, thin capitalisation rules, transfer pricing, intellectual property and parallel importing
- Supervision of litigation matters in the firm, providing tactical advice to clients which have included: prosecution of a claim on behalf of a US-based client against a prominent franchisor; successful lawsuit against the international oil company in a dispute over remediation of land; claims against national construction company on behalf of the prominent private developer; establishment of precedent in multi-million dollar claim over defective building works claim relating to inadequate building works in large strata plan to result in full payment of restoration works
- International/cross-border litigation includes:
- Claim as to personal injury relating to employment in Thailand, Switzerland, France and the Caribbean, (including Maritime Law);
- Conducting litigation process in California on behalf of a client in a property dispute and de-facto claim;
- Defence of criminal charges in Hungary on behalf of the Australian team member in a world competition in a sporting accident
- Acting in the complex matter of property involving multi-jurisdictional issues as to ownership
- Advice about Administration, Receivership and Liquidation of companies including compulsory examination under the Corporations Act and the validity of the actions of the insolvency practitioners in dealing with assets
Trusts & Estates and Family Law and Real Estate and Corporate Law in Australia
Level 9 263 Clarence Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia Sydney
Member of the Year: Ross was finalist in 2015, 2019
Ross is a gold member.