Pamir is an international law and business consulting firm based in Asia with offices in Taipei and Shanghai, with a long track record of successfully closing transactions in a broad range of industries in the PRC and Taiwan.Pamir’s lawyers are from top law schools and law firms. Our attorneys are former partners and senior associates from global law firms located in New York, Silicon Valley, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.Our team of multilingual professionals is able to bridge the gap between different business cultures and support clients in multiple languages, including English, Chinese (Mandarin, Taiwanese, Cantonese, Shanghai and Suzhou dialects) as well as Japanese, Spanish and French.Our clients include multinational Fortune 100 companies, venture capital funds, international law and private equity firms. We also represent Asia-based listed companies, privately-held conglomerates and high net worth family groups.We co-counsel with leading law firms from Asia, North America, Latin America and Europe on their client matters. We represent leading PRC groups in their activities overseas.FOCUS ON CLIENT GROWTH WITH INTEGRATED BUSINESS/LEGAL SERVICESWe deliver practical integrated business and legal solutions to support our clients’ growth and business success. We: - Identify and develop, prioritize and plan clear stakeholder business goals before drafting legal documents. The business people are always in the driver’s seat, not the lawyers. - Team proactively with clients to find, secure and maximize their opportunities and benefits. - Cooperate with clients to tailor solutions to meet their particular needs as they evolve over time.Contact Details: Taipei 7F, No. 214, Dunhua North Road, Song Shan District, Taipei 10546, Taiwan Tel: +886-2-5588-1799 Fax: +886-2-5588-1790 Email: [email protected] [email protected] Shanghai: Suite 1205, Baohua Mansion 518 Anyuan Road, Putuo District Shanghai 200040, China
Tel: +86-21-3669-6955 Fax: +86-21-3669-6950Email:Mostrar más +
Nick has been traveling and working in China since 1973. He is the managing partner of Pamir Law Group, an international law and business consulting firm based in Asia with offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei, with a long track record of successfully closing transactions in a broad range of industries in China and Taiwan. He is a practical, street-smart client resource who provides: (i) an integrated business and legal approach focused on Client Growth, (ii) a Focus on Results, (iii) Cost Effectiveness, (iv) Effective Communication, and (v) Home Turf Advantage in Greater China. He has successfully completed hundreds of foreign investments into Greater China in all coastal and many interior provinces for Fortune 100 Multinational Corporations, privately held and family group companies and private equity groups from the US, Europe and Japan. He has closed over USD5 billion in deals in the region. He assists companies and investors to develop and implement practical cross border strategies and programs to achieve safer business operations and growth.
He supports CXO’s, general counsels and international law firms to manage, protect and grow their businesses safely with practical effective solutions across a full range of financial, manufacturing, sourcing, distribution, and service industries. He offers both (i) strategic planning support, as well (ii) specific project/operational support in the last mile, both in a manner which reflects decades of practical market experience. Whether protecting IP/technology/trade secrets; implementing integrated labor management programs; conducting full FCPA/corruption and corporate due diligence and securing EHS and anti-competition regulatory approvals for combinations; structuring effective corporate/tax structures to support the business; training legal and management teams in operational issue, he supports both business and legal officers to achieve their goals. He has advised on a wide range of cross-border transactions in diverse industries over three decades including in TMT, clean/green tech, alternative and traditional energy, leisure/hotel/food and beverage and service businesses, infrastructure project finance, aircraft finance, complex litigation, government relations and multi-jurisdictional anti-trust and IP/trade secret litigation matters. He is a supporter of grass roots community development NGO’s in China and Taiwan.
Professional Association and Activities
- China International Economic Trade Arbitration Commission (“CIETAC”), Arbitrator
- Taiwan M&A and Private Equity Council, International Committee, Vice Director
- American Chamber of Commerce "AmCham"/European Council on Commerce and Trade "ECCT" (Taipei), Greater China Business Committee Co-Chairperson (2000-present)
- American Society of International Law
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, Founder and Board Member (1975-present)
- District of Columbia Bar (1983-present)
- European Council on Commerce and Trade "ECCT" (Taipei), Chairman of Greater China Committee (1995-1997), Board of Directors (2001)
- Green Consumer Foundation (Taipei), non-profit environmental protection organization, Supervisor
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Founding Member
- US-China Peoples' Friendship Association (1976-1984)
- Waigaoqiao (Shanghai) Bonded Zone Advisor (2001-present)
- Yale Club of Taipei, President (1990-2001)
Distinctions and Awards
- NAPABA 2012 Trailblazer Award. This award recognizes individuals who have "demonstrated vision, courage, and tenacity, and who have made substantial and lasting contributions to the Asian Pacific American (APA) legal profession, as well as the broader APA community".
- International Law Office (“ILO”) Client Choice Award, M&A (2010) Awarded in Association with the International Bar Association and the European Company Lawyers Association
- Asia Law Leading Lawyers Award in China Practice, Corporate Finance & Capital Markets, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Mergers & Acquisitions, Telecommunications and Information Technology (2003-2010)
- International Referral Member of the Year 2014 - As voted for by IR members during the IR Anual Conference (21st - 23rd September 2014)
- J.D., New York University School of Law (1982)
- B.A., Yale University (1979)
- English (native)
- Mandarin Chinese (native)
- Shanghai and Suzhou dialects (proficient)
Mergers & Acquisitions in China
Suite 1205 Baohua Mansion 518 Anyuan Road Putuo District Shanghai 200040 China / 7F No. 214 Dunhua North Road Song Shan District Taipei 10546 Taiwan Shanghai
Mergers & Acquisitions in Taiwan
7F No. 214 Dunhua North Road Song Shan District Taipei 10546
Member of the Year: Nicholas V. was winner in 2014
Nicholas V. is a gold member.