At Holland & Knight, we put our legal knowledge to work for you in a practical manner. We know that in order to be the best value to you, we must first provide personalized solutions tailored to your needs. With nearly 2,000 lawyers in our U.S. and international offices and legal colleagues in over 40 countries around the world, Holland & Knight serves clients globally. Our clients recognize the ability of our firm to consistently provide excellent value in a variety of areas that range from commercial litigation, regulatory matters, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and government advocacy.
With 34 offices around the globe, we are committed to providing the highest quality legal counsel combined with the utmost in client service – across state and national borders – in a seamless, cost-effective manner. This level of legal guidance, combined with our interdisciplinary structure and the firm’s global network, is your assurance of high-quality resources when and where you need them.
Our lawyers are consistently recognized as leaders in the legal profession, earning accolades for service, responsiveness, results and pro bono commitment.
Our mission is to provide seamless, efficient client-centric services over a wide range of industries. Collaboration across practices and offices, along with highly focused management of matters and cases, enables us to deliver dynamic legal support, regardless of location
Every action we take is based on providing dedicated service with the most thorough knowledge and experience for each particular client need – whether it is a matter or transaction that can be resolved quickly, or a complex national or international dispute involving a broad range of legal services reaching across jurisdictions and borders.
Our approach enables us to be highly responsive with proactive, innovative strategies that help to create opportunities and transform your needs and goals into successes, agile with extensive industry-relevant knowledge, enabling us to provide comprehensive counsel – not just legal advice in a business vacuum, and connected to the latest industry trends and related business issues, making significant investments to stay abreast of the issues that are most important to our clients.Mostrar más +
Mark Peters represents employers in litigation and day-to-day advice and counseling. He combines a focus on results with a client-centric approach. Through his extensive work with providers in acute care, behavioral health, long term care, home health and dialysis, healthcare employers rely upon his experience to solve their employment issues and disputes with non-clinical and clinical staff - including physicians - creatively, efficiently and effectively.
Mr. Peters works with employers to help manage their workforces and resolve disputes through the most appropriate and cost-efficient means - either through negotiation, litigation, or alternative dispute resolution. He has significant jury trial and arbitration success in employment discrimination, retaliatory discharge and harassment cases. He also advocates for employers in matters involving wage and hour collective and class actions, the FMLA, Section 806 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, trade secrets and restrictive covenants, ERISA claims, unfair labor practices and union negotiations. Additionally, Mr. Peters is experienced in successfully developing and implementing mandatory alternative dispute resolution programs.
Mr. Peters has authored numerous articles in national publications and regularly speaks on employment issues throughout the country. He is active in the American Health Law Association, previously serving for six years as a vice chair of the Labor and Employment practice group.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A.
- All State Courts in Tennessee
- All U.S. District Courts in Arkansas
- All U.S. District Courts in Colorado
- All U.S. District Courts in Oklahoma
- All U.S. District Courts in Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Associations
- American Health Law Association, Labor and Employment Group, Past Vice Chair
- Society for Human Resource Management, Middle Tennessee, Past Board Member, Legislative and Legal Chair
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court, Alumnus
- Society for Human Resource Management, National and Nashville Chapters
- Frist Foundation Young Leader's Council, Alumnus
- Urban League of Middle Tennessee, Former Board Member and Secretary
- Glendale Spanish Immersion Elementary School, Former PTO Co-President
- Nashville Young Leaders Council, Alumnus
HONORS & AWARDS
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Labor Employment, 2013-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2020-2023; Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2020-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
Employment Law (Corporate) and Employment Law (Individuals) in Tennessee
511 Union Street Suite 2700 Nashville 37219