Founded in 1919, McLane Middleton, Professional Association has been committed to serving our clients, community and colleagues for over 100 years. We are one of New England’s premier full-service law firms with over 100 attorneys and 25 paralegals throughout offices in Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and Woburn and Boston, Massachusetts.
At McLane Middleton, our collaborative team of professionals provide the most comprehensive legal services. Our attorneys maintain integrity and expertise to earn long-term, trusting relationships with our clients and the communities in which we live and work.
McLane Middleton is guided by the principle that attorneys should be active participants in community and professional organizations. Our colleagues are deeply involved in various groups, and also regularly volunteer their time for community service work.
We continue to seek out, attract and retain qualified women and individuals of color, and very much value the ethnic, religious, sexual, age, physical challenge and economic diversity that exists among our attorneys and professional colleagues.
Since its inception, McLane Middleton has expected and encouraged pro bono work by all of its attorneys. From John McLane to Jack Middleton to the firm’s newest associates today, individual attorneys at the firm take their pro bono responsibilities very seriously.Show more +
Scott Harris is a director in the firm's litigation department. He has tried cases in the state and federal courts in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and elsewhere for over fifteen years. His practice involves representing companies and executives in litigation and at trial in a range of commercial disputes including: tax matters, trade secret and restrictive employment covenant litigation, contract claims, shareholder rights, land use and other business disputes. Scott also represents both plaintiffs and professionals in professional malpractice and licensure litigation and has a substantial practice representing both plaintiffs and defendants in significant personal injury matters.
- Business Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Land Use and Development
- Personal Injury Litigation
Admissions & Recognition
New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New York state courts, United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, United States District Courts for the Districts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts, United States Tax Court, United States Court of Federal Claims and accredited mediator in NH Superior Courts.
- New Hampshire Bar Association, American Bar Association and American Association for Justice
- Chambers USA: A Guide to America's Leading Lawyers (Litigation), 2007 to present
- United States Department of Justice Tax Division's Outstanding Trial Attorney Award, 1994
- New Hampshire Trial Lawyer's Special Recognition Award, 2004
- Recognized as a New England Super Lawyers 2008, 2011-present
- New England's Best Lawyers, 2013
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Leadership New Hampshire
- State Chair, United States Supreme Court Historical Society
- Boston Inn of Court
- Board of Directors, Seacoast Science Center
- Past President, New Hampshire Association for Justice
- Past President, Daniel Webster Chapter American Inn of Court
- Fellow, American and New Hampshire Bar Foundation
- Where You Live May Not Be Where You're Domiciled
- Arbitration - Panacea or Pitfall?
- Arbitration Has An Upside, But There Are Drawbacks
- The Psychology of Mediation
- Dealing With Internet Defamation
- Litigation Lessons: When Closely Held Business Owners Disagree
- Dealing with Whistleblowers and Avoiding Retaliation Claims
- Know The Law: Obligation to Report Elderly Financial Exploitation?
- Your Duty As A Healthcare Professional To Report Elder Abuse
- Faculty Member, Advanced Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Law, NBI, June, 2014
- Faculty Member, May It Please the Court - Effective Case Presentation at Trial, NBI, March, 2014
- Faculty Member and Chair, Thinking Inside the Jury Box, NHAJ, March, 2013
- Faculty Member, Trial Skills Academy, NHAJ, March, 2012
- Faculty Member, E-Discovery, NHAJ, October, 2011
- Faculty Member, Sophisticated Deposition Strategies, NBI, June, 2011
- Faculty Member, Legal Ethics, Lorman Education Services, June, 2010
- Faculty Member, Trial Skills, NHBA, April, 2009
- Faculty Member, Personal Injury Claims from Soup to Nuts, NHAJ, March, 2009
- Faculty Member, Persuading the Jury, NHAJ, December, 2008
- Faculty Member, The Art of Deposition: Powerful, NBI, May, 2008
- Faculty Member, Legal Ethics, Lorman Education Services, June, 2007
- Faculty Member, Proof of Damages, Etc., NHTLA, March, 2006
- Faculty Member, Keys to Successful Pre-Trial Preparation in New Hampshire, NBI, February, 2005
- Faculty Member, Legal Ethics in New Hampshire, Lorman Education Services, February 2005 (Also at Woburn, Massachusetts Office)
Commercial Litigation in New Hampshire
City Hall Plaza 900 Elm Street Manchester NH 03101 USA Manchester