Have you ever considered a world without the internet, social media, or advertisement? All these types of media and technology are designed to connect us as consumers to the products we’re attracted to, or the ideas we want to invest in.
Insight provider Statista revealed more than 5 billion internet users worldwide, and 4.7 billion of those were labeled a ‘social media user’. It’s simply unimaginable, but there are ways your business can benefit from this personal interaction.
By tapping into the expansive audience operating on social media platforms, you can connect with your customers, colleagues and even partnerships in the public space social media provides, adding real value to your firm. With more and more media added to the world every second, you will need to connect with your audience quickly and on a deeper level. This is where the use of video and animation comes into its own. Cisco recently reported that ‘82% of global internet traffic in 2022 came from video’.
Don’t let your content be a distant memory
The use of video within your social posts can generate more followers and leads to the services on offer. However, attention spans are getting shorter, so it is more important than ever to utilise content types that can engage even the busiest of schedules. Users allow just 8 seconds before scrolling by a post that doesn’t capture their attention, falling from 12 seconds in 2000.
Still with us? Good, because we have some top tips for you
- Quality is key – allow videos to be formatted at either 1080×1080 or 1920×1080! All content is compressed slightly once uploaded to the platform to enable the feed to run quickly, so it’s best to start with the best possible quality content.
- Keep it short and sweet – videos under 30 seconds will replay automatically, encouraging more views, and remember the 8-second attention span!
- Avoid lots of text in your videos – use this space to include strong visuals and short, sharp messaging.
- On brand, bold and bright – catch your audience’s eye and feel familiar to them, with a house style and regular posting schedule.
- Be the expert – invite people with the most knowledge on the subject area to feed into your videos. This will add authority to your videos as they contain the most relevant and reliable information.
For further support in implementing videos into your social media schedules – get in touch with the Digital team at [email protected]