Business owners and human resources professionals won’t want to miss this timely and informative 90-minute session exploring emerging employment topics including pay transparency, worker classifications (and the cost of getting it wrong), accommodations, contract termination clauses, lessons learned from vaccination mandates in the workplace, and hiring temporary foreign workers.
What We’ll Cover —
• Employee vs. Independent Contractor: Clarification around the legal distinctions between employees and legal contractors to ensure proper classification and avoid costly litigation
• Religious and Family Accommodation: Summarizing the legal obligations for accommodating employees’ religious beliefs and family status in the workplace
• Enforceability of Contractual Termination Clauses: Examining recent legal developments and discussing strategies for crafting enforceable termination clauses
• New Pay Transparency Legislation: An overview of new employer requirements to disclose salary ranges and best practices for compliance
• Lessons Learned from Vaccine Mandates: Real-world examples and key takeaways from implementing a vaccine mandate in the workplace
• Employer Compliance Inspection under International Mobility Program: A summary of the inspection regime and how to ensure compliance when hiring temporary foreign workers
• Q&A session: Participants can pose their queries to our panel of Employment & Labour lawyers and Immigration Consultant
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
8:30 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:00 – 10:30 am – Seminar
10:30 – 11:00 am – Q&A
The Vancouver Club
915 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
(See the Vancouver Club attire house rules here.)
Space is limited and registration is required. Please RSVP to [email protected] or call us at 604.891.7706.
We look forward to seeing you there!