Walter B. WelshPartner
Welsh IP Law, LLC
- +1 203.321.6303
Welsh IP Law is an intellectual property law firm based in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
Our passion is increasing the value of our client’s business through strategic patent and trademark protection. We work directly with engineers, scientists, and executives to develop and grow intellectual property portfolios that protect and strengthen the client’s business. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, global brands, family businesses, and start-ups from around the world.Show more +
Walter B. Welsh is the owner of the Welsh IP Law firm. He is a veteran patent and trademark attorney with twenty years of career experience as a practicing lawyer and mechanical engineer.
His passion is increasing business value through strategic patent and trademark protection. An engineer by trade, he has developed a global intellectual property practice and a strong reputation as an expert in patent and trademark law. He focuses on developing and growing intellectual property portfolios that resonate with corporate objectives and amplify market positions. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, global brands, family businesses, and start-ups. He works hard to achieve client goals at the USPTO and in the Federal Courts and he is known for aggressively protecting his clients’ intellectual property.
Education and Admissions
- D. University of Connecticut, 2006
- S. Tufts University, Mechanical Engineering, 2001
- USPTO, Connecticut, New York,
- Mechanical and Material Arts
- Software and computer systems
- Brand protection and anticounterfeiting
Representative Patent Prosecution Clients
- High performance additive manufacturer serving biomedical, aerospace, and industrial markets.
- Distributor and supplier of pro audio equipment and accessories.
- Robotics equipment manufacturer.
Representative Litigation Matters
- RegenLab USA LLC v. Estar Tech. Ltd. Et al, (patent)
- Doctor's Associates, Inc. v. King & Prince Corp, (trademark)
- Novadaq Tech. Inc. v. Karl Storz GmbH, (trademark)
- MedPricer v. Karl Storz Endoscopy Am., Inc., (commercial)
- Tommie Copper, Inc. v. Ideavillage Products Corp., (trademark)
IP - Trademark & Copyright and IP - Patents in Connecticut
600 Summer Street 3rd Floor Stamford