PROBST PARTNER AG was established in 1995 in Winterthur. Our lawyers advise and represent domestic and foreign corporations, organisations and individuals regarding all legal and tax aspects with a connection to Switzerland. We advise our clients in their daily operations, provide support in negotiations and represent them in proceedings before court and authorities. Our experts have a special expertise in specific fields of law, such as construction and real estate, professional liability and torts, IP, media, technology and data protection, sports law, life sciences, tax and public procurement law.
Thanks to our international network of law firms we provide to our clients solutions in cross-border projects and liaise with local partners abroad. Since the foundation of our firm, India has been a focus of our international activities. Our long-term experience in the structuring of cross-border investments and transactions and our close ties with reliable local law firms, authorities and organisation across India enable us to optimally represent our clients’ interests.
We attribute great importance to creating a challenging and stimulating working environment and to thinking out of the box, thereby maintaining high ethical standards and human values. Teamwork is a matter of course for us, in particular in the case of larger assignments or urgency.
We place high value on the quality of our legal work and the further development of our fields of special legal expertise, for instance through focused internal and external continued education.Show more +
Thomas Würsten specialises in tax law and provides legal advice in all tax matters related to domestic and international enterprises, entrepreneurs and private individuals. He also offers valuable practical experience in related areas of law and provides support to clients on tax-related topics such as mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructurings, corporate succession and estate planning and real estate transactions.
- Certified Tax Expert 2020
- Attorney at Law 2017
- University of Lucerne, MLaw 2013
- Northwestern University Chicago, Exchange Program 2012
- University of Lucerne, BLaw 2011
- since 2021 with PROBST PARTNER AG
- Associate with a leading business law firm in Zurich (2018-2021)
- Associate with a boutique law firm in Zurich (2016-2018)
- Tax Analyst with a Swiss bank in Zurich (2015-2016)
- Junior Associate with a leading business law firm in Zurich (2013-2014)
- Member of the Zurich and Swiss Bar Associations
- Member of EXPERTsuisse
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Neuerungen im Bereich der Anrechnung ausländischer Quellensteuern, ZStP 2019, Heft Nr. 4, S. 279 ff.
- Workshop zum Thema Unternehmerhaftung, Universität St. Gallen, FiD - Familienunternehmen im Dialog, 2018
- Praxiskommentar Erbrecht, Daniel Abt/Thomas Weibel (Hrsg.), 3. Aufl., Basel 2015, Co-Autor bei der Kommentierung zum Anhang Steuern
- Pauschale Steueranrechnung im Nachsteuerverfahren, ZStP 2014, Heft Nr. 2, S. 95 ff.
Tax (Law) in Switzerland
Bahnhofplatz 18 Winterthur CH-8401