Thomas J. GormanPartner
Taylor English Duma
- + 1 704.440.1270
Built for Business. At Taylor English, we have a clear understanding of today’s business environment, as it affects virtually every industry. We are committed to bringing responsiveness, ingenuity, leadership and best practices to every relationship. And we stand ready to help our clients achieve success after success.
Built for Results. Engineered to run like a successful business, we measure success from our clients’ perspective, seeking every opportunity to enhance their return on investment and earn their retention and satisfaction. Our reputation is built on delivering outcomes that enhance revenues, support compliance, maintain security and drive profitability.
Built for Value. That means we insist on efficient, high-quality legal counsel for your business. Our attorneys have served as in-house counsel of national public and private companies, as chairs of corporate practice groups at major law firms, achieving both deep and broad knowledge in the areas that concern you most. We are committed to principles of fairness, efficiency, optimization, flexibility and savings.
“Taylor English’s basic touchstones are what first attracted us to the firm. Their foundation is set up to manage costs aggressively in an efficient way, which translates to lower cost but superb experience and quality.”
– Jonathan Waller, General Counsel, Waffle House, Inc.Show more +
Tom Gorman is a partner with Taylor English who manages the Charlotte, North Carolina office of the firm. He practices in the areas of commercial real estate, corporate, estate planning, and estate and trust administration.
In his more than 37 years of practice, Mr. Gorman has drafted wills, trusts, powers of attorneys, living wills, health care powers of attorneys and assisted with elder law planning for numerous clients. He has drafted more than 10,000 trusts of various types, including revocable living trusts for probate avoidance, special needs trusts, life insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and trusts for estate tax avoidance.
Mr. Gorman has represented numerous commercial real estate clients, including developers of hotels and mixed-use projects, office condominiums, and development of retail, residential, and industrial and warehouse properties.
Mr. Gorman represents business owners regarding everything from starting a business with basic limited liability and corporate formation questions, to business purchases, including complex mergers and acquisitions. He provides guidance to international clients doing business in the US, and to US companies doing business internationally.
In addition to his regular corporate and real estate clients, Mr. Gorman has specific expertise assisting dentists looking to start a practice, buy an existing practice or needing day to day business advice.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Gorman founded and managed Gorman & Associates, P.A. in Charlotte for 34 years. Outside of his practice, he is deeply committed to his community where he sits on numerous charitable and advisory boards.
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Company- Charlotte Area Board of Directors
- Duke University School of Law, Cornerstone Society
- North Carolina Bar Association- Sections on Real Property, and Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law
- Catholic Charities – Diocese of Charlotte, Board of Directors
- IR Global International Referral Network- Bronze Member
- Knights of Columbus Council #10852, Third Degree
- St. Matthew Catholic Church, World Hunger Drive Committee, and Former Chairperson, Parish Pastoral Council
- Thompson-Pratt Financial Group, Trusted Advisor Panel
- Merrill Lynch Fox-Kaplan Wealth Management Team, Board of Advisors
- Client Champion Platinum Award, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 – present
- Expertise.com, Best Real Estate Attorneys in Charlotte
- Rated Superb, Avvo
- Rated Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell, based upon client reviews
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society
- Asset Protection
- Condominium Development
- Corporate & Business
- Elder Law
- Estate Administration (Probate)
- Estate Planning
- Hotel Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Trust Administration
- Duke University School of Law, JD, 1985
- Boston College, BA, Economics and English, magna cum laude, 1982
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Real Estate in North Carolina
13925 Ballantyne Corporate Place Suite 200 Charlotte 28277
Real Estate in South Carolina