Roland GuényFounding Partner
- +33 1 48 88 60 68
BG2V lawyers have been trained in large international law firms and are active in the key areas of business law: Corporate / M & A, Litigation, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Tax Law, Labor Law, Intellectual Property / new technologies, Bankruptcy.
Combining an advisory role and litigation practice gives BG2V’s lawyers a multi-disciplinary perspective which is essential for effectively responding its clients’ needs and provide them with high quality, tailored-made services and a full-service offer. Requirement, Trust, Commitment and Agility Founded in 2010, BG2V today brings together about 50 lawyers who share common values. These values illustrate the common foundation that unites all of the firm's lawyers and ground the positioning and offering of BG2V.
Requirement The partners of the firm are all from major Parisian and international business law firms. Surrounded by their teams, they cultivate and share a culture of rigor and excellence in order to deliver to their clients personalized services, with the same degree of requirement, and a high level of legal technicality. Trust Internally, the trust and solidarity that unite the lawyers of the firm are essential to the development and expression of each person's skills. They are also the essential cement of the relationship that binds us to their customers.
Commitment Their commitment, their availability and their fighting spirit guarantee their customers the best defense of their interests. In consulting as in litigation and whatever their area of expertise, their interventions are based on a daily commitment, flawless, alongside their customers. Finally, the range of activities covered by BG2V allow them to assist their clients on all their legal issues.
Agility BG2V’s entrepreneurial model, the size of its structure, the personal involvement and the dynamism of each of its lawyers allow them to be responsive, creative and to offer their clients tailor-made services, adapted to their needs. The training received by some of the lawyers of the firm in major business schools (HEC, ESSEC) and their experience in renowned companies (IBM, Crédit Lyonnais, Groupe Casino, etc.) contribute to their dynamism and allow them to offer their customers pragmatic solutions adapted to their operational and strategic issues. The combined practice of consulting and litigation also gives them a transversal vision of their respective practices, which is crucial to providing an effective response to BG2V’s clients.Show more +
Roland Guény has been a member of the Paris Bar since 2000 and of the New York Bar since 2003.
He holds a Master's (Magistère) in business law, a DJCE and a DESS in business and tax law from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas. He also holds an LL.M. in corporations from New York University School of Law.
Before co-founding BG2V in 2010, he practiced at Jones Day (Paris and New York offices) and at Viguié Schmidt.
Roland specializes in corporate reconciliation and high balance sheet transactions as well as stock market law. He also intervenes in shareholder litigation and complex situations. He also has expertise in the treatment of companies in difficulty.
The Legal 500 quotes: ‘
‘The quality of large multidisciplinary firms with a pricing model of small firms. The best of both worlds. Employees committed and dedicated to the satisfaction of their clients. ‘
He recently participated as:
- Advisor to Physitek's management and the sellers in the context of a sponsorless MBO.
- Counsel to Uniqa, one of the leading Austrian insurers, in connection with the acquisition of AXA's business in Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia).
- Advisor to Karot Capital’s investment in the following companies:
- Isybot, a French company that manufactures and markets collaborative robots,
- Brothers Loving Beer, a French company that specializes in importing American craft beer into France,
- Champerché, a French company that develops and operates vertical urban bioponic farms,
- Advisor to the Holding du Solaire (Générale du Solaire group) in the context of the entry of BPIFRANCE and SORIDEC into the capital of Holding du Solaire.
- Advisor to RGREEN INVEST in the creation, with SUN’R, of RÂCINES, a company whose activity is the development and the management of Agri voltaic projects. RGREEN INVEST, through Infragreen IV, has committed to finance part of these projects.
- Advisor to Easiware within the framework of the acquisition of Dictanova,
- Advisor to Capital Karot within the framework of the opening of the capital of Induo,
- Advisor to the founder of Luckey Homes within the framework of its acquisition by Airbnb,
- Adviror to Nolaroads within the framework of the acquisition of a holding of the Barrier Group,
- Advisor to Groupe Faubourg in the recomposition of its shareholding.
Mergers & Acquisitions in France
40/42 rue La Boétie Beylouni Carbasse Guény Valot Vernet Paris 75008