Established in 1988, CNPLaw LLP (“CNP”) is a full-service law firm with a talent for cross-border business. With about 90 staff, including approximately 47 lawyers, and a strong network of international contacts, the firm has the capability to deliver legal solutions in Singapore and beyond.
Our practice areas include banking & finance, capital markets, corporate & M&A, company formation, employment, funds, insolvency & restructuring, intellectual property & technology, litigation & arbitration, private clients, global mobility, real estate, and regulatory & compliance.
We focus on business involving Asia, in particular Greater China, India, Indonesia, Indo-China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, as well as Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified in a number of jurisdictions as well as in Singapore and advise on cross-border transactions under English law.
CNP is consistently recognised as being amongst the top law firms in Singapore by leading legal publications such as Legal 500 Asia Pacific, International Financial Law Review 1000, Benchmark Litigation, Chambers and Partners and AsiaLaw Profiles.
CNP has also been ranked by The Straits Times as one of Singapore's Best Law Firms.
We make knowing our clients’ businesses our business and pride ourselves in providing innovative, yet practical and valuable advice.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PRACTICES
Introducing CNPupdate, CNPLaw’s bi-monthly newsletter that highlights changes and developments within CNPLaw and legal articles of matters of topical interests. To read our latest issue, please click here.Show more +
Lisa Theng has been in practice since 1991 and has vast experience in corporate litigation prior to focusing her practice in the areas of Corporate M&A, Corporate Advisory and Corporate and Commercial services.
In the area of corporate law, she has advised both Singapore and foreign companies in major acquisitions and disposal transactions and has also advised on investment and other corporate agreements where parties are in dispute.
She has advised healthcare, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate, exhibition, publishing, food and leisure and entertainment companies on a range of issues. These issues include restructurings, investments, joint ventures, corporate governance and compliance, and acquisitions.
In the area of corporate advisory, Lisa has advised listed companies and their audit committees and Boards in relation to potential disputes, irregularities, fraud and issues involving directors and shareholders.
Her other experiences include cross-border joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions in the region, advising on international sports and entertainment projects including sponsorships and logistics agreements. She regularly advises on listed and private companies on compliance and corporate governance issues.
- Corporate Governance - Recommended by Who’s Who Legal in 2021 and 2020.
- Corporate and M&A - Recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018, 2017 and 2016, and recognised as a Notable Practitioner by Chambers Asia Pacific in 2018 and 2015.
- Dispute Resolution - Recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018, 2017 and 2016.
- “Able to provide professional advice and assist in transaction documentation, advises on all matters in respect of Malaysian and Singaporean legal issues and compliance matters.” – A client provided this feedback about CNPLaw's Corporate and M&A practice to Asialaw Profile 2021
- “Very resourceful and commercially savvy. Excellent problem-solving skills. Delivers on time and within budget.” – A client provided this feedback about CNPLaw's Private Equity practice to Asialaw Profile 2021
- “While we were doing our due diligence on the appropriate structure, we worked with the partner in a very transparent fashion that was forthcoming with advice and discussions. He held our hand through the process by way of some key introductions and I would call him a great partner.” – A client provided this feedback about CNPLaw's Banking and Finance practice to Asialaw Profile 2021
- CNPLaw LLP acted for a Singapore biotechnology company in its series B funding of S$15 million from US and Japanese venture capital firms
- CNPLaw LLP advised on sale and leaseback of real property asset and the acquisition of shares
- CNPLaw LLP advised SUTL Marina Development Pte Ltd on joint venture to develop and operate marinas in Puteri Harbour Malaysia
- CNPLaw LLP acted for Alliance Brewery Company Limited, in a Joint Venture to Brew and Sell Heineken Beers in Myanmar
- Proposed revision to the Takeover code
- Mareva Injunction and the Application for Security for Costs
- Investing in Myanmar
- Business Succession Planning (Part 1)
Corporate Law in Singapore
600 North Bridge Road #13-01 Parkview Square Singapore 188778