The principal of Seftcorp Law, Grant Sefton, is an experienced practitioner in corporate and commercial law at a national and international level, having had in excess of 30 years’ experience in these fields in Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne. His clients include a host of leading public and private sector clients throughout Australia. Until recently, Grant was a founding partner of the Newcastle office of the national legal firm Moray & Agnew Lawyers, where he was the national coordinator of its commercial law practice. From 1990 Grant was partner-in-charge of the corporate and commercial practice of Hunt & Hunt in Newcastle, assisting to develop that practice into one of the larger corporate and commercial practices in the Hunter Valley. In 2006 he joined two other equity partners to establish the Newcastle office of Moray & Agnew. After graduating in economics and law from the University of Sydney, Grant commenced his career as a sales engineer and then corporate solicitor with Alcoa at the time of the construction of the Portland Aluminium Smelter, which was then one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia. These roles provided him with experience in the practical aspects of the commercial world and exposure to corporate and commercial law at the national and international levels. Grant also worked as legal counsel for CRA Limited (now Rio Tinto), where he provided legal advice across a variety of areas including biotechnology, aluminum and resources. Throughout his career, Grant has had significant involvement in legal matters that involved a range of commercial factors plus national and global corporate law considerations. Grant acts for a wide range of large and smaller corporations and public institutions across a wide range of industries. He has a particular focus in:
- Capital Raisings
- Corporate and Commercial law
- Commercial Contracts
- Competition and Consumer law
- Information Technology
- Innovation Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Dealmaking and Transactions
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions
You can review our Alumni members full journey via their timeline below. Here you can see their news, publications, events attended and all IR related achivements. You expand each year by using the related 'more' buttons.
222022: 1 achievement
- Landmark | January 1, 2022 Grant became an IR Global network alumni after 10 years of active membership.
172017: 1 post
- News | November 16, 2017 A Look at Doing Business In Australia
162016: 1 post
- News | November 29, 2016 Seftcorp Law Joins the IR Global / Sinchi CSR Programme
152015: 3 posts
- News | June 16, 2015 AGREEMENTS FOR LEASE – WHAT ARE THEY AND WHY ARE THEY IMPORTANT?
- News | June 16, 2015 PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT COUP FOR MORAY & AGNEW MELBOURNE
- News | January 23, 2015 Top 10 commercial law cases of 2014
142014: 2 posts
- News | August 11, 2014 Is you business ready for the new Australian Privacy Principles (Part 1) – Moray & Agnew
- News | February 27, 2014 New Privacy Laws Commence 12 March 2014 – Commercial Law, Australia
132013: 4 posts, 1 achievement
- News | November 22, 2013 31 January deadline to protect your interests under PPSA transitional arrangements – Australia
- Landmark | September 12, 2013 Grant became an IR Global network member 10 years ago.
- News | September 5, 2013 Workplace Directions – August 2013
- News | August 15, 2013 Commercial Directions
- News | July 24, 2013 Workplace Directions
122012: 1 post
- News | December 18, 2012 Introduction to new Law Firm Member in Australia.