Ogier are Ireland's most innovative full service law firm. We specialise in Financial Services, Real Estate, Commercial and Technology. Our vision is to be a unique legal business providing an outstanding client experience by the most efficient means. We have four key dedicated departments; Real Estate, Corporate, Dispute Resolution and Employment.
Ogier are delighted to announce that we have again been officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021.
This is our fourth year to be named as a top Irish workplace, moving again up the rankings list in the Best Small Workplace category, which is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of their policies and practices.0.Show more +
Dominic is head of our Corporate Department. He advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, IT contracts, outsourcings and general commercial matters. He has advised many of Irelands largest financial institutions, corporates and technology companies. Dominic has a particular interest and expertise advising clients in the Payments space, working on some of the most interesting payments deals which have taken place in Ireland over the last 18 years.
A graduate of Trinity College Dublin, Dominic practiced for 15 years, 8 as partner in the corporate department of A&L Goodbody, a leading Irish commercial firm, before spending 3 years as head of international firm Walkers Irish corporate department. Dominic has been published, and has lectured, on many of the above topics.
- the disposal by a shareholder of an Irish manufacturing company to a Canadian trade competitor for in excess of €11M;
- the disposal by a founding shareholder of his entire interest in a flagship Irish Fintech company for in excess of €7M;
- the acquisition by an Irish company of its joint venture partners’ interest in an Irish food processing company for in excess of €12M;
- the structuring, investment and subsequent redemption by a number of Irish corporate Finance houses of equity/loan note investments into Irish Technologies companies, such as Newswhip Media Limited;
- the investment by the Cartesian Capital Group LLC of USD$100m in to Aqua Comms Limited to fund the transatlantic undersea comms cable;
- the disposal by a VC fund of its investment in an Irish tech company sold for in excess of €100m;
- the acquisition of an Irish business school by a global education group;
- a multimillion euro investment by a US drinks conglomerate into an Irish spirit manufacturer;
- an Irish entity on its arrangements with an international licensed bank to enable our client offer SEPA compliant credit and debit payment processing services to its members;
- significant private equity shareholder in Covidien on Medtronic’s acquisition of Covidien by way of an Irish Scheme of Arrangement for US$ 49.9 billion;
- US tech company on its migration to Ireland, and subsequent fundraising and IP exploitation arrangements; and
- numerous venture capital investments into Irish technology companies.
Tech-Media-Telecoms in Ireland
8 - 34 Percy Place Ballsbridge Dublin D04 P5K3