Bonn & Schmitt is a leading independent Luxembourg law firm with an extensive international practice.
The firm’s attorneys are experienced practitioners in the Luxembourg legal environment and represent a broad spectrum of expertise that allows them to deliver unrivalled legal solutions in one of Europe’s leading financial centres.
Bonn & Schmitt is a trusted legal partner of leading international financial institutions, industrial corporations, national governments, as well as companies listed on the Forbes Global 2000 list.
Having fostered strong links with leading international law firms, the firm’s global client base stretches through Europe, to Russia, the US, South America, South Africa and Asia. The firm aims to nurture strong client relationships and to address the particular business needs of each client in the most efficient manner.
Bonn & Schmitt’s lawyers are registered with the Luxembourg Bar and many are members of several legal associations, including the International Bar Association, the Union Internationale des Avocats and the International Fiscal Association.For more information, please consult the International Commerce Desk from Chambers of Commerce and Industry video presentation.Show more +
- Company Law – Mergers & Acquisitions – Commercial Law
- Insurance Law & Reinsurance Law
- Banking & Finance
- Private Equity
Chantal has more than 30 years professional experience in general company law, merger & acquisitions, restructuring and corporate governance and joint ventures. She has developed a particular expertise in cross border transactions (e.g. migration, merger, partial and full demerger, contribution of a branch of activity). She was involved in major corporate reorganizations such as the reorganization of the Luxembourg subsidiaries of the Intesa San Paolo Banking Group and the merger of Arcelor/ Mittal. She also advises major private equity houses in their activities and has a major experience in the structuring of investment holding platform in Luxembourg.
Before joining Bonn & Schmitt, Chantal worked as general counsel in a major insurance company.
- 1988 Master’s degree in Notarial Law (Free University of Brussels), Belgium
- 1984 Master’s degree in Insurance Law (Catholic University of Louvain), Belgium
- 1983 Master’s degree in Law (Catholic University of Louvain), Belgium
French, English and Dutch
- Getting The Deal Through 2020 Edition: Corporate Governance, Luxembourg Chapter
- Getting The Deal Through 2020 Edition: Public M&A, Luxembourg Chapter
- Getting The Deal Through 2020 Edition: Insurance & Reinsurance, Luxembourg Chapter
Mergers & Acquisitions in Luxembourg
148 Avenue de la Faïencerie Luxembourg L-1511